This policy page has been created to familiarize potential customers to our Custom Design process. The points made here clarify our policies regarding Custom Design work:
- The Work Order or Preview is the blueprint of your jewelry design and is used as the reference for the creation of your special order. It is imperative that clients note any and all preferences or requirements that they may have on the work order such as their gauge, length, material, gems etc. Items not mentioned or itemized on the work order will NOT be implemented into the final product.
- Notes by a client made by email MUST be recorded on the work order for these preferences to be implemented. We deal with a high volume of emails sometimes having dozens of conversations by email with a single client. Trying to piece together a client’s preferences from these email conversations would be impossible.
- It is the client’s sole responsibility to provide an accurate measurements & finger size for their order. If an incorrect specification is given for model making, a fee for the edit/s will be applied. For finished goods, we will attempt to repair the jewelry for the cost of labor and additional materials if necessary. Typically, finger sizes can only be sized up or down one full finger size. Not all items can be fixed.
- We do not accept hard specifications for jewelry designs. We gladly would take into consideration clients general preferences towards their design but our experience has been that allowing us to set the perfect proportions for your jewelry leads to the best results.
- Clients may have up to three Custom Design quotes of different designs.
- At times a sketch might be helpful for new, untried jewelry designs. In these instances we require a $100 retainer as a commitment from the client towards time spent in preparing these drawings. The retainer is non-refundable but can be applied towards the final purchase.
- We can gladly call in diamonds or any colored genuine gemstones to analyze on your behalf if you would like to use our Special Order Services.
- For special orders, a 50% deposit is required to secure an order that goes into production. The remaining 50% is due prior to shipment of the item to the customer. If a diamond center stone larger than 0.20ct is part of an order, full payment must be made for just the center stone in advance.
- Please note that we can not ship out items prior to full payment being cleared. A bank wire will take 24hrs for funds to clear while other forms of remittance like business checks can take 2 weeks for the funds to clear. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- We do not accept customer supplied diamonds except for center stones larger than 4mm for some designs. No other types of customer supplied stones will be accepted.
- Shipping charges are NOT included for special orders with customer supplied diamonds. The return shipping charges would be dependent on the insurance amount for the client’s center stone plus the cost of the jewelry.
- Clients sourcing their own diamonds are required to insure their stones against possible damage during manufacturing. Diamonds purchased from Lion Diamonds® are covered under our own jewelers block insurance policy.
- Optional additions such as single-cut melee, double wire prongs, hand-engraving, ajour or filigree are considered "options at additional cost" which are not included in quotes unless specifically mentioned in the description.
- We require full payment for an order before any photography or imagery will be provided.
- Turn around time is based on an estimate. As an estimate, this may be surpassed or finished quicker based on other circumstances. Expedited completion is available at an additional cost.
- We reserve the right to decline projects based on the best interests of our company.
Important Note: Lion Diamonds® will treat your submissions as confidential, however all computer aid design work is intellectual property of Lion Diamonds® and customers will not be given any files for reproduction such as .3dm, .obj or .stl files of the submitted design. Furthermore, by submitting a design, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights to such design, and that such design shall not infringe on any intellectual property, proprietary or other rights of third party. By submitting a design you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lion Diamonds® and its authorized agents, trustees, directors, officers, executives and representatives, from and against any and all actions, claims, suits, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, liabilities, including reasonable attorneys' fees, and other expenses which may be suffered, incurred or paid by reason of, or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of the above representation and warranty.
For our return and refunds policy, please visit our Return and Refund Policy Page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Custom Design work, jewelry or anything else that comes to mind please contact us or call (201)300-7300, we will be happy to assist you.